I never knew crab cakes were so easy to make! Here’s a basic recipe that keeps fat and calories at a minimum. My husband loves crab cakes so this will probably be a new menu item for the week and I am so excited it is low of fat and calories… yummy!
Prep time: 35 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 45 mins
- 1 lb crab meat fresh or 2 cans crab meat
- 1 egg
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon old bay seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl.
- Make 6 crab cakes
- Place in refrigerator for ½ hour minimum
- Spray skillet with cooking spray, brown about 4-5 minutes each side.